Old 07-12-21, 09:06 AM
gravelinmygears 

Bikes: 64 Cinelli, 81 Merz, Haral

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by habes78023
I would think that whatever you paid, you likely increased the value by knowing what it actually is. People knew that this bike had value just based on the craftsmanship but not as many were willing to buy a bike for the mystery side of things. At the same time, quite a few of the other potential buyers of a frame like this are on the CR list and here, and during the long back and forth could have also tried to get it, so something to consider. Like rccardr said, you were the most enthusiastic and aggressive buyer, albeit in a possibly smaller pool of potential buyers.

It's a nice bike for sure. The higher end of 5k is going to be bikes that are all original and show very little signs of usage, essentially prestine, or sellers who don't actually want to sell. The lower end is going to be bikes that have been around the block and probably left out to dry, essentially condition is everything.

I don't know because I'm not a Ritchey expert to know if this bike has been repainted, or is missing decals, etc Several have suggested so and I would agree. But considering all of this, I would think you're probably looking at 2k+, maybe 2500 or so. Or at least that's where I'd list it on Ebay, 2.5k buy it now with best offer on and auto decline below 1500 so I can see what buyers are thinking, I also like to actually sell things, and not just list them for sale, so if I wasn't getting any bites, I'd move the price down after a week or so. Could also start a little higher, never know who is out there with the right money.
This lines up with what I'm thinking. I think it's been repainted as the shade of green doesn't match up with the "Ritchey green" I'm familiar with. I'll most likely have it repainted and decaled - though the decals are another debate. Rick Stefani will decide, I guess.

I'm getting a lot of messages asking, "Whatcha want for it?" That I can answer. I was just curious what these have sold for and what folks expect to pay for one.