View Single Post
Old 05-10-07, 10:27 AM
domestique
Shut Up and Ride

Bikes: 05 Cannondale Six 13 (Record 2008 with DT rr 1.1 rims, WI H2 Hubs and CX-ray spokes), OLMO Antares (Micx of 06 Record and Chorus), 1988 Tunturri, 1980's Fuji, 1970's Crescent (Sweeden)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This same question was asked on cycling news a couple months ago:

"Sex and cycling
My question is to ask if there is a correlation between sex and cycling performance. (My personal experience in this area is mixed) Basically does performance on the bike diminish with sex and does increased sexual activity cause an increased loss in cycling ability.

Finally, is there a recovery period required to restore full cycling performance (post sex).

Jim
Sydney

Steve Hogg replies:

For an unscientific answer I quote well known (to Australians) Rugby League coaching legend Jack Gibson. In reply to a similar query to yours he answered "It's not sex before a game that is detrimental to performance, but rather staying out all night looking for it."

"
http://www.cyclingnews.com/fitness/?...letters03-20#5

I remeber reading in a training book (forget which one) that an orgasm can actually help the effects of training by increasing your pain tolerance during intervals.

As for Cipo, I once heard a story that during a stage race (I believe the Giro) he was late for breakfast and one of the team mates or souigners went to see if he was alright. They knocked on the hotel door and he answered the door in a towel with 3 girls in his room still in bed.