View Single Post
Old 06-18-20, 07:52 AM
bark_eater 

Bikes: Road ready: 1993 Koga Miyata City Liner Touring Hybrid, 1989 Centurion Sport DLX, "I Blame GP" Bridgestone CB-1. Projects: Yea, I got a problem....

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked 735 Times in 421 Posts
I'm moving my Crazy Bar cockpit to a Cannondale T700 from more of a hybrid frame. the Hybrid had a longer top tube and maybe a steeper seat angle. I used a pretty short riser stem. It was pretty comfortable, but I feel like the very upright primary position was a factor in last years saddle sore suffer fest. The Cannondale I'm hoping to get a little more weight forward and lower. I have Jones bars on a one size to big Surly Big Dummy and didn't like them up high above the seat on a short stem. I've got them about level with the seat right now and would like to get them 10 cm farther forward. The Surly also has a longer effective top tube than my Cannondale. So what I guess my observations are that I dont like the sit up and beg position for long rides, but I do like haveing all of the real estate to shift my hands around on.
Here's a couple pictures just cause I actual took some the other day:

The seat that chewed me up was a Brooks C19 which has been fine on other bikes. This is just a place holder

Last edited by bark_eater; 06-18-20 at 08:00 AM.