Old 01-20-21, 11:37 AM
rubiksoval

Bikes: bikes

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2622 Post(s)
Liked 1,429 Times in 711 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
I made my own alloy 15 deg shims recently out of aluminum. I know since it isn't store bought that means it isn't world record trackie Doge approved. Whatever. My 3d printed Aerocoach ones disintegrated. The key with the non-threaded shims is to have a bevel washer for the bolts to contact with. That way you don't need the fancy threaded style shims.
Do you have a picture? I can't figure out how that'd work as my arm rest nuts are sitting straight above the bar, but introducing an angle would change those nuts to that angle. But then the bolts go through the base holes at a 90 degree angle. How do you get the bolts to meet the appropriate angle, because just a washer doesn't seem like it'd be enough ?

Both the bottom where the bolt enters the basebar and the arm rest are strictly a hole with no slots to change the bolt angle.

Not sure if that makes sense, but here's what mine looked like when I tried just to see if it was something I could work out. There's no way to change the angle of the bolts, so no shims would seem like they'd work.

Last edited by rubiksoval; 01-20-21 at 11:40 AM.