Old 07-09-21, 05:27 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,798 Times in 1,798 Posts
Absolutely. I cut way back on cycling for several months, starting October 2020, after an old neck injury flared up again. But I got antsy and couldn't just sit around so I started taking longer walks, up to 8 miles. Then I resumed jogging. Then running. Then added laps around the school track.

Next thing I know I've got running pain. The twinges in the ankles, knees, etc., cleared up easily with physical therapy, massage, better shoes, improving my running form. But the hip ache persisted.

So I resumed riding more often around May. Not every day, but a couple of times a week, while cutting back a bit on the full stride running and just doing easy jogging to give the hip a chance to heal.

I still prefer riding. Late Thursday afternoon I jogged 7 miles in the heat, rested awhile, then near midnight decided the bike needed riding. Swapped saddles to try a triathlon saddle borrowed from a friend. Planned to just ride around the block but ended up doing 20 miles along one of my favorite time trial loops since there's virtually no traffic this time of night. It was fun. I can't often describe jogging or running as "fun."