Thread: 2021 Randonnees
View Single Post
Old 07-25-21, 12:50 PM
clasher

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 148 Times in 103 Posts
Got my 300k for 2021 done. I designed the course so luckily only a 6km ride to the start... we had a good turnout, around 12 folks for a miserable forecast. The route itself is very scenic and a bit hilly, I finished with ~2200m but some people recorded 2500. The first half of the ride was nice weather, mostly cool but it was very humid. The clouds rolled in after a few hours but we did get a lovely sunrise. The rain started spitting just around the halfway and was light for an hour or so but ramped up and got so heavy I had to take off my glasses to see. I love the look of the countryside after it rains, everything seems so green and mists rising out of the forests is pretty nice. Lots of nice views from the tops of the hills and ridges. I mostly rode with a group of six but we kinda split up once the rain started as 3 of us wanted to do quick controls and get home in case the weather got even worse... others found a pub and had a burger and a pint. I think they lucked out 'cos the winds died down after 2100 and the worst winds were for the last 75k. The 3 of us finished around 20:00 for a 15h ride. Lucky for me the ride home from the brevet start is a very gently downhill on bike paths.

Likes For clasher: