View Single Post
Old 07-29-21, 01:37 PM
Atlas Shrugged

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1248 Post(s)
Liked 1,323 Times in 674 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
When I'm approaching someone from behind, whether I or they are on a bicycle, then I am gauging some of their habits to see if they are a wanderer and go all over the road or whether they are predictable. I base all my collision avoidance on that. So if you are going to behave differently when your device tells you I'm there, then you have just messed up all my planning.

My son uses Varia, I like the idea of it. But if it makes you do anything differently than you would do without it, then you are just making your actions unpredictable to those about to pass you.
That makes no sense whatsoever. Normally I may not ride right on the curb however as a car approaches and gets close I will tuck in a bit closer how is that unpredictable and increases my risk? If a car is approaching and there is a choke point or pothole my behaviours will totally change if there is a car fast approaching or not. Finally the ability to know if there are multiple cars or not makes a huge difference.

You can also be rocking some tunes in your earbuds and be as aware if there are vehicles behind you!