View Single Post
Old 12-16-21, 12:41 PM
classic carl
Old newbie

Bikes: 2022 Trek Emonda SL 5, 2002 Klein Quantum, 2000 Trek 8000, 2011 Trek 7.5 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 77 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by MinnMan
Congrats. 5k is a significant milestone.

I no longer know how to count my miles. I used to count only outdoor miles. But In the last two years the proportion of miles done on Zwift has become a significant fraction of my total effort. I also stopped keeping an independent log-spreadsheet of my rides, and now depend only on Strava. And Strava's annual mileage doesn't' differentiate between outdoor and trainer miles.

So now the only annual number I have is not really comparable to my efforts in previous years.
I use Strava as a backup. You can edit your workout/ride title. I always edit mine to include "xx.xx mi Road Cycling". You could edit yours to include indoor or outdoor. There is also a pulldown to change the type of ride, and tags for commute or indoor. Mapmyride will give you a choice to include "all activities" or you can filter which type is included in the total. I don't know if Strava has that option.
I use Mapmyride as my primary data keeper. I don't use a phone app for either one though. I use a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt GPS computer that I move to any of my bikes. After the ride, it uploads the data to the Elemnt app on my phone. Then from there, it uploads to Strava and Mapmyride automatically via wi-fi whenever I get back home. You can chose to upload the data to a vast number of data keeping sites. Very cool.

Last edited by classic carl; 12-16-21 at 01:58 PM.
Likes For classic carl: