Old 06-12-23, 06:01 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4247 Post(s)
Liked 2,958 Times in 1,816 Posts
Of course vaccines are efficacious, but so many people made the same argument that because I don't have the time to explain the basic fundamentals of molecular biology and immunology to you, the fact that I'm a professor of microbiology with many, many years experience in the field is just an appeal to authority fallacy and my word about vaccines working has no more strength than some random idiot's word that they don't because he once read something on facebook that said they didn't.

Any time you try to say your word on something you are not an expert on is worth just as much as the word of someone who is an expert in that field because they don't take the time to spell out all the little details to you because of "appeal to authority fallacy" you are creating an even bigger logical fallacy as you fall into the depths of Dunning Kruger.