View Single Post
Old 06-01-22, 10:54 AM
clasher

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 148 Times in 103 Posts
I bought a new frame for rando/gravel use, I was gonna buy a Thesis OB-1 in the winter but they were out of stock at the time, and it only builds up 1x or electronic 2x. I ended up buying the Carbonda 505 the same open-mould used to build the Thesis bike. The geo seemed pretty close to my specialized Roubaix so I bought the frame and built it up over winter with 650b and shiny fenders. It seemed pretty comfortable when I rode it on the flèche a couple weeks ago. I kind of wish I'd built it up with 45mm deep carbon rims and went with 700x32, probably would just go battery lights if I go that way... but I'm okay with the 42mm 650b tires, they are nice on the alligator pavement and gravel roads I end up riding.

I'm waiting for a new pump mount, that one is just temporary... dunno if I will use those top tube mounts for anything, and I doubt I'll ever use it for bikepacking so the front fork mounts are useless for me too. I wish I'd have had a hole drilled on the right fork leg for dynamo wire routing but it's pretty innocuous taped on the inside of the fork, the rest of the wiring runs through the frame, it came with a lot of plugs for different kinds of setups. The seatpost clamp is kinda unique so I bought 2 spares, as well as two spare RD hangers.
Likes For clasher: