Old 05-12-21, 06:45 AM
IPassGas

Bikes: Schwinn, Nishiki, Santana, Trek, Rodriguez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by stassy
I recently acquired a 1988 Terry-style Miyata 615 light touring bike and (assuming all goes well with a safety check at my LBS today) plan to take it on my first ever bike tour this weekend!

It'll be a self-supported 2-night camping trip sharing gear with my partner, in a Pacific Northwest park that has a permanent fire ban so stove cooking only. I've done a couple of multi-day backpacking and canoe trips so have most of the gear. I'm currently planning to pack a pair of Ortlieb back-roller classics and strap a dry bag to my rear rack.

I'm curious - what's one tip that you wish you had been given before your own first tour?

Thanks in advance
Nothing really, bring stuff to have fun. Good to start as you are on a short trip to figure things out. My 1st tour was on a similar bike in late '70s. 2 years ago, we did a long tour in Pacific NW. Many fond memories, especially on Lopez Island. On chance, meet a yearly large native american gathering, what fun, they gave us a ride in large canoes and we learned about them. Random interesting stuff on tours, meeting friendly helpful people...just another day on tour
Likes For IPassGas: