View Single Post
Old 07-22-21, 12:43 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1533 Post(s)
Liked 1,528 Times in 916 Posts
Originally Posted by Germany_chris
Giant has been building most “western” bikes for close to 50 years they know the dimensions of their customers all over the world.

While I generally agree that short riders get the short shrift the difference between a 559 and a 584 isn’t going to be the difference to whether a bike fits or doesn’t. If you watch/read some interviews of Georgina Terry who in essence created women’s specific bikes with wheels that match their smaller stature she talks about wheel size and modern geometry and how she designs small bikes. The era of 559/571 for small riders is gone modern ideas of fork rake and trail makes wheel size (within reason) moot.
Nope. The last time I climbed into my size small Liv after riding my old mtb. for a while, it felt very strongly like climbing into a hammock. I don't want to ride a hammock, I want to ride a lively bike.