Old 10-20-21, 06:46 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20808 Post(s)
Liked 9,450 Times in 4,668 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
Hmmm...I'm with you on the lack of suppleness, but I haven't felt the grippy factor. Are they holding air for you? I'm having trouble with mine again, and can't find the source of the leak. 80psi down to nothing overnight, but I can't hear anything leaking. I added another 20ml of Orange juice, and swished/shook/spun it around, but it didn't make a difference. Next step if to submerge it in the bathtub, I guess. I'm getting pretty irritated with it. Zero issues like this with the Contis. Grrr....
Huh, weird that you don't find them grippy; I haven't ridden the 5k TLs, but I've ridden various Black Chili Contis and they didn't stand out much in that regard. The tackiness and softness has me wondering if I can expect to get ****** mileage out of them. I guess we'll see.

And yeah, they've held air well. They dropped a little, maybe 10psi, the night after they were installed (I didn't ride/spin them extensively after installing), but I actually had to let air out this morning because they didn't drop as much as I'd wanted them to.