View Single Post
Old 05-03-22, 06:17 AM
RichSPK

Bikes: Dawes Lightning DLX, 1988 Klein Performance, 1991 Peugeot Safari, 1985 Raleigh Alyeska, Carrera Phantom, 1973 Raleigh Record

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by tubesocksFred
At least its made out of metal. I ordered Bryton's own mount as an add-on when getting my Bryton computer. That mount snapped at the hinge when I tried to install it. Maybe I was suppose to use the micro hex wrench so I can't exert much torque, but it had a plastic adapter so it will fit onto the 25.4mm diameter bars, which made feeling when it was tight enough hard to feel. At least the aliexpress seller is willing to send a replacement for 1 cent so it can be tracked (I wasn't able to pay for the 1 cent order with paypal so I had to opt for the $1 option). I noticed yours didn't include any padding to grip the handlebar. Maybe the ability to crank down the bolt is enough for the mount to stay in place.

Personally, I got the for my other bike the out front mount that attaches to the handlebar tightening bolts. But you only have 1 stem bolt, so you couldn't use that type.
This mount did include some self-adhesive rubber pads that I didn't use. There's not much point, with all the inner tube I wrapped around the bar.

Aluminum is pretty soft; you have to be careful not to over-torque the screws in this mount, too, so you don't strip the threads.