View Single Post
Old 09-10-22, 06:44 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7648 Post(s)
Liked 3,465 Times in 1,831 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasJen
My ride today was the last straw. I busted my ass three times in just over 20 miles because of these things. I don't think I've fallen three times in a year before today. First time, I just hit a steep hill and stalled before I could get all the way to my low gear. I was able to get my right foot out, but I was falling to the left and no matter which way I twisted, the pedal just wouldn't give it up. It was like slow motion and there was nothing I could do. The second time, I was again going up a good incline and I went down on my front chain rings. I pretty much skipped the center ring and went straight from high to low but maybe it was too fast and the chain popped off the ring completely. I was totally dead in the water, stalled and down before I could do anything. The third and last time, I was on flat ground, sitting at an intersection waiting for the light to turn. I was still clipped in on my left foot but had my right foot out and resting on a curb. When the light turned, I took off. I went to clip in on the right foot but the cleat hit the pedal like owl s*** on an ice cube and I was laying on my back in the middle of the intersection before I knew WTF happened. If I still hadn't been about four miles from the truck, I would have thrown those fkn shoes across the road and walked back. I have chain ring "bite" marks on both my right calf and right ankle and a pretty good size hematoma on my left tibia. .
Basically you were inept and didn't bother to learn how to use the gear, and are blaming the gear for your unwillingness to master it.

Okay.
Likes For Maelochs: