phrantic09
Fat n slow

Bikes: Cervelo R3, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3259 Post(s)
Liked 2,085 Times in 979 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
Now it's getting personal about the kids! Jeesh.

#nostandardsnoshame
It’s more just that these guys spend all of their energy trying to show off what big deals they are.

Originally Posted by Eric F
Yes, I know those guys - LOL.

My kid didn't start swinging a Ghost until she was 12...because that was the year they first came out. The Ghost became her bat of choice until she stopped playing, and used almost every version they made. I miss not buying the latest Ghost for my kid. Here's what she did to one of them along the way...

Top left was when the crack was pretty well established. From there's her goal was to hit with it until it totally snapped in half (never around other people besides me). I was surprised about how far the ball was still flying off the bat, right up until the end. The last swing wasn't as dramatic as expected. There was one last strand of CF that didn't snap, and it kept the end of the barrel from flying off into the distance, the way she envisioned. Easton replaced the bat under warranty.
Oh, when she’s 12 she’ll get a Prism or Ghost or something similar, but she just turned 10 and isn’t strong enough yet so she’s swinging a -12 Axe Element. She’s a contact hitter and has some good wheels. When the time comes, I’ll have no issue doing it and getting her a new one every other year.