View Single Post
Old 12-05-22, 04:30 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4946 Post(s)
Liked 8,087 Times in 3,826 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Bike shop called today to let me know the cost of the group set install.

230.00. I’m not sure what I was expecting but that was more than I thought. Plan now is to have them just install the BB, and i’ll install the rest. I’m not all that confident in my ability but I if mojo can do it.

Funny, I asked my buddy how much he was charged at another bike shop. He was like 230!!!!! I was only charged 100! Come to find out, he paid 100 dollars for a crank install not the complete groupset. That seems a little steep to me too.

Let me ask you guys this. What’s the hardest part and what takes the most time with a groupset install?
No internal cables? Too me it seems like the bar wrapping, and the indexing would take the longest.
Based on my recent experience replacing the internally-routed shifter cables on my gravel bike, and an unusually-long battle with getting things dialed in (I've been wrenching my own bikes since I was a kid), $230 might be a damned bargain!