View Single Post
Old 06-04-23, 06:35 AM
biker128pedal

Bikes: 2022 Fuel EX 8, 2021 Domane SL6, Black Beta (Nashbar frame), 2004 Trek 1000C for the trainer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked 448 Times in 267 Posts
Go test ride a few at your local bike shop. I dare you. There are sub $1k bikes. Ride one then work your way up the price range.

Now I must answer your question. Yes. You will notice the difference. The price point of the performance increase may not be worth it to you but yes. You’ll buy the more expensive bike. Think each night while watching TV. Why did I spend so much. That money could have gone to new siding for the house. But. But then each time when you’re out for a ride you’ll realize why you spent the extra money. Smooth ride. Quick acceleration. Light weight climbing a hill or lifting to the roof rack. Less maintenance on the bearings. Easier shifting. Better Disc brakes prevented hitting the dog that ran out in front of you and you did not notice because your gaze was watching the oncoming car to make sure they don’t turn into you. The car the dog was running for. Pick any reason or add your own.

But whatever you do even if you don’t get a new bike upgrade your tires. And tubes unless you ride tubeless. Best bang for the buck.
Likes For biker128pedal: