Old 10-11-04, 06:10 AM
LittlePixel
Raleigh20 PugFixie, Merc

Bikes: 1982 Raleigh Twenty Hotrod Fixie; 1984 Peugeot Premier Fixie, 2007 Merc Lightweight folder

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Cheg - I love your twenty! I saw it a few weeks ago on this site and thought mmm...... Then after looking at Sheldon Brown's fleet and finding the old twenty has quite a following I had to get one...

Just this weekend I got my own stock one (Via ebay of course!) with a view to modifying it and making it my daily rider. I'm currently thinking "Shimano inter-8" hub.... Rode it to work today in original condition - it's a bit ropey (sturmey gears slipping; sadle uncomfortable and right crank a bit bent), but it's nimble, solid and not as heavy as I feared. My work colleagues all concede it's very cute and await with baited breath to see it converted with alloy parts, black powder coat, slick tyres, skyway aero front hub, new raleigh decals etc etc...

Reasons for going folding? I think I want to be a non-conformist. If me and my girlfriend Jo get a VW camper van it can fit inside without adding to the wind resistance and I like the idea of turning an old thing into something new...

Question - Have any of you have any problems spreading the seat stays to fit wider rear hubs?

Anyway - here she is at present (not-so-great picture off the eBay listing)

Last edited by LittlePixel; 10-11-04 at 06:44 AM.