Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 4,621 Times in 2,124 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
How do you like your V3? I was really lusting after one when I was in the market for a new bike last year, but the price point was just a bit too much of a stretch for my budget. I ended up buying a used Storck for a crazy-good price (despite not having disc brakes that I kinda wanted on my new bike). I love my Storck, but still wonder if I should have figured out how to make the V3 happen.
I love it. It’s not the lightest machine but it handles well and climbs better for me than my Propel.

I got it cheap because it was a trade show bike and had a couple chips in the paint on the down tube where a wheel rubbed it from being in a bike box. It had never been ridden according to the rep because the Di2 had never been connected or was fully functional. A quick call to Colnago assured me that the bike was new and only had travel/box wear. They warranted it for 3 years.

The paint chips were a $2400 discount on the price and the dealer set it up and fitted it. In fact, they did such a good job that I’ve done zero adjustments to the setup or the fit in the 1200 miles that I’ve ridden it and I’m known to be picky about my fit.

Last edited by Trsnrtr; 07-22-21 at 02:41 PM.