KJ43
Dead but dreaming

Bikes: 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, 2022 Cannondale Synapse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 186 Posts
Originally Posted by duffetta
I came here to ask essentially the same question. Looking for a road-only wheelset for my 2021 Giant Revolt Advanced Pro 1. I love the CXR-2 wheelset on that bike, but would rather run something smaller than 40mm when I'm on the road, and I'd like to put something with a bit more grip on the CXR-2 wheels for when I'm on gravel or offroad (I've done single-track on those Maxxis Velocita 40mm tires, but I wished for more grip). I looked at the Giant SLR-2 wheelset that come on the Defy Advanced Pro, but they are pricey and tubeless tire options seem limited because of their hookless design. Light Bicycle looks like a great option. Thank you!
My Light Bicycle wheelset has been excellent so far. For the wheelset I mentioned above I'm using 38mm Specialized Pathfinder Pro's and they have a great profile with the wider rim width my wheelset has.

Try to spec a wheelset on their site and compare it against whatever specs you are looking for to see the quoted price and weight. If they don't have what you want in their configurator hit them up and tell them what you want. My understanding is that they are happy to help you get what you want.