View Single Post
Old 11-14-21, 04:58 PM
verktyg 
verktyg

Bikes: Current favorites: 1988 Peugeot Birraritz, 1984 Gitane Super Corsa, 1980s DeRosa, 1981 Bianchi Campione Del Mondo, 1992 Paramount OS, 1988 Colnago Technos, 1985 RalieghUSA SBDU Team Pro

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1036 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 654 Posts
Limited Variations

Originally Posted by juvela
-----
there were two models of Limited; "road" and "touring"
have a 49cm road same colour of subject machine which has been snoozing racks for thirty plus calendars
-----
"A" in the serial number indicated the a frame was an A Model while "L" was used for the Limiteds.

The Road model Limited frames had long point Prugnat Type "S" lugs with stamped cutouts. Most didn't have fender eyelets on the dropouts but a few were made special order with them on the rear only.

The Touring models came with Nervex Professional lugs with stamped cutouts and fender eyelets on the dropouts. Also the chain stays were longer.

Albert Eisentraut had maybe 40 dealers around the US. A few Limited frames were made with custom features at the request of larger dealers. The folks at Georgetown Cycle Sport in the Washington, DC area was one of those shops. ALPINE was one of their house brands and Eisentraut made some ALPINE badged frames for them. They paid for the stamping dies used for the cutouts in the lugs.

There's a lot of info in this BF link.

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...eset-info.html

Bicycle World in Albuquerque, NM was a Raleigh/Peugeot dealer a few blocks from our shop. They also had a shop in Santa Fe. They were part of the Turin Group and Joel the owner was connected with Albert Eisentraut from his Chicago days. I use to stop in and drool whenever they got in new Eisentraut frames. I was disappointed when the first Limited frames appeared in 1975-76. Compared to the A frames, I expected more. But hey, they were Eisentrauts and I wouldn't kick one out of bed!

verktyg

Chas. ;-)