Old 02-14-22, 01:23 AM
Benlplant

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
We’re you ever able to get in contact?

Originally Posted by mtnbud
Thanks. I went ahead and emailed the poster requesting more information about the bike and haven't got a reply.

I also ran the serial # provided in the ad through the bike registry and got an interesting result:

2022 Norco Bikes 1714G

• Serial: A9NCX7I046
  • Manufacturer: Norco Bikes
  • Name: Big Foot
  • Model: 1714G
  • Year: 2022
  • Primary colors: Black and Green
  • Frame size: XL
  • Frame Material: Carbon or composite
The bike in the picture doesn't match any 2022 color schemes I found online and doesn't appear to be carbon fiber. Furthermore I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a carbon framed Bigfoot. I'd assume whoever registered that serial # put it bogus information? It's got fishy all over it. I didn't mess with calling the provided # to the ad and am not sure it'd be something I'd want to risk.

edit: i think I figured out it's a 2017 Norco BigFoot 6.3 which msrp'd for $914 when new. The $600 price seems reasonable, but the ad say hydraulic disks when the 2017 was spec'd with mechanical disk brakes.
I believe this to be my bike that was stolen a few months back.. Have you been able to get in contact with the seller at all? They have defaced a lot of the bike from what it used to be but there are still a few things I’m able to match up with pictures I have. I know this is but of a long shot but who knows