Old 06-01-22, 03:38 AM
mtbikerjohn 

Bikes: a few..

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Oldguyonoldbike
The Whisky No. 7 RD+ fork I ordered last September finally came in. I swapped it in on Friday and have gone on a couple of rides. Impressions so far are mixed. It dropped the weight by more than a pound (bike as pictured, minus the water bottle - 20.8 lbs.) It could always be a placebo effect, but ride times are noticeably better. I'm sure it's quicker uphill with the lighter fork. On the other hand, the front end is a lot stiffer, as in less compliant, less comfortable. I'll fiddle with the air pressure some before I decide whether to keep it this way or not. I'm running 30c tires right now, but there's plenty of room left for bigger, squishier tires.
That's nice! Sorry to hear about how your fork is working out..Whisky products are pretty decent quality.There is a lot to say about a well thought out steel fork. I've been on the fence about putting a carbon fork on my bike..my choices would be a bit different because of the canti bosses. I've heard good things about Ritchey forks.. I should have picked up one of Mike's road frames when I had the chance..