Old 06-20-23, 05:18 AM
50PlusCycling

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 552 Post(s)
Liked 820 Times in 412 Posts
This one is my APB, which is my favorite bike. As I liked how the Di2 conversion worked on my Birdy, I am putting together the parts to put on the Moulton. So far I’ve gotten the XTR levers, info display, and Dura Ace 9070 front derailleur, I’m still waiting on a 9070 rear derailleur, cassette, and battery. The bull moose bar was kind of a whim, something I though I would use temporarily until I got a good stem and drop bar. But this bar seems just right, the riding position is perfect, and I get no numbness in my hands even without gloves, so I’ll keep it the way it is. If you ever get a chance to buy a space-frame Moulton, you should, I have never ridden a more smooth and stable bike.

The next is a Stowaway. I bought this from a seller in the UK, and it arrived in Japan a few days ago. It needed a little tinkering to to make it roadworthy, but is ridable now. The two-speed rear hub takes a little getting used to, but it works well enough. I will strip it down and repaint it once I receive the bushings, bearings, and other things which I have ordered for it. I was tempted to ride it the way it is, but the rebuilding a bike to me is almost as fun as riding one. The ride on this old bike is surprising, and is also smooth and stable, but the braking is awful. I’m tempted to add Nexus hub or derailleur system for a wider range of gears, but I think I will keep the Duomatic for simplicity sake. We have a home in Kamakura, which is an old city with tiny streets and lots of weekend traffic, this bike should be a great away to get around town.

Likes For 50PlusCycling: