View Single Post
Old 08-09-22, 08:20 AM
52telecaster
ambulatory senior

Bikes: Austro Daimler modified by Gugie! Raleigh Professional and lots of other bikes.

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1957 Post(s)
Liked 3,664 Times in 1,682 Posts
Originally Posted by Kilroy1988
I have the same bike with a 58cm frame, which is a tad small for me on the seat tube but the darn top tube is rather long - definitely proper criterium geometry. I really enjoy how it rides and have no major concerns about the aluminum fork feeling stiff on rough roads despite being forewarned... I've put nearly 1,000 miles on it though a couple seasons of on-and-off riding.

It was my "modern" bike until very recently, and with Look Keos pedals, empty bottles and cages it weighs in at about 21.5 lbs. I also find the Ultegra hubs to be very smooth rolling and of course the 9-speed shifters work as smoothly as any of the newer Ultegra I've tried (which includes both ten speed editions). I was only tempted to replace it with a carbon fiber frame after realizing that I can lay down enough power to rather noticeably flex the OS 853 out of the saddle or climbing, and lately I have a right proper need for efficiency...

Enjoy it!

-Gregory
Excellent! Now you're making me want to do something with it!
Likes For 52telecaster: