View Single Post
Old 08-04-22, 11:21 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18475 Post(s)
Liked 15,739 Times in 7,401 Posts
Originally Posted by DougRNS
if you do the ride from Vienna, OH I would like to see the day 1 route. I grew up around there and rode tens of thousands of miles in the vicinity.
I head immediately northeast into PA and end up in Franklin. There is a free camping area not far south of town along the Allegheny River Trail that features a couple of small shelters. In 2014 some boy scout group was using them to store their gear while they slept in tents because nearest parking area for their trailer was about a quarter mile away. It had rained in the afternoon. Would have been nice not have to pitch my tent on a muddy tent pad. The upside was that the next morning, while enjoying my coffee outside my tent, two young bald eagles had a little spat in a tree right in front of me.

This map includes a jaunt out to the grocery store and back::

Dashboard · Ride with GPS

That first little climb at around mile 4.8 doesn't look like much on paper, but both times I rode it it pissed me off. I think it's because it comes as a chock after the first 4.8 miles. And when you are looking up the road, it does not look as steep as it is.
Likes For indyfabz: