Old 11-18-21, 06:08 PM
jonathanf2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked 1,043 Times in 441 Posts
I used to only do powerlifting, but got back into cycling once the pandemic started. Before I was mostly about eating protein, but now I have to plan my meals accordingly so I have sufficient strength and energy depending if I lift or cycle. To be honest, my powerlifting numbers have gone down to where I was during my lifting peak, but in exchange my cycling ability has vastly improved. My stamina and endurance is much better and I focus mainly on hill climbing, where my deadlift and squat training really shine. In fact I feel like lift PRs are very similar to riding at the limit where oxygen deprivation and having your nervous system firing off to reach the summit/checkpoint. I still work upper body, do pull-ups/tricep dips daily, ab crunches and bench press, but mostly for aesthetic reasons because I find the lanky/noodle-arm roadie look not very attractive. I've also dropped 10 pounds since I started to bike more and people have commented I look much more shredded. In fact I like wearing my cycling gear because I can really see my muscular definition!

Last edited by jonathanf2; 11-18-21 at 06:13 PM.
Likes For jonathanf2: