View Single Post
Old 04-06-22, 03:42 PM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked 1,023 Times in 665 Posts
That is looking really spiffy @ehcoplex . I like the use of lots of French stuff that works. Pedals, derailleur, shifters, and Stronglight crank. I didn't know that a Tripizer could be had for the star shaped Stronglights. I love them even with two chainrings.

I am thinking that on the braze on stop piece for the shift levers, that when it fell off it left behind a little rusty patch. If you could clean that patch down to clean steel, perhaps you can use a soldering iron to get a little piece of brass soldered to that patch of down tube. If you can get the solder to flow between the down tube and the brass stop, it should hold. I soldered shift cable stops. Since they don't have high loads, it held just fine. I used plumbing solder and flux.

What hubs are they?

This should look great with Zeppelin fenders. Keep the pictures coming.

It looks like you might be able to lower that front derailleur just a tad, or maybe it is just the angle of the picture.
Likes For Velo Mule: