View Single Post
Old 11-19-22, 12:49 PM
WillyWonkaBike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have removed the chain. Then the crank is able to move freely. It does not make any noise at all. Besides, there is no rough friction, it turns smoothly. Therefore, the problem might originate from some component in the rear wheel. I also have removed the wheel quick release. Without the chain, the rear wheel can turn also freely in both directions. When turning in counterclockwise direction (forward pedaling) there is indeed a squeaking noise. This means that the problem might come from the wheel hub and not the freehub.
After some research, I have read that noises can be amplified through the bike frame. That might be reason why I was hearing the noise at the crank and it was like "air bubbles under water". Besides, since the freehub was serviced just a few months ago (in a shop), I though the mechanic would have made sure there was nothing wrong with the wheel hub.

Unfortunately, I do not have the tools neither the knowledge to service the wheel hub just by myself. I will then bring it to the shop.

I would like to thank you all for the assistance and discussion, which eventually helped me to (most probably) find the source of the noise.