Old 11-27-22, 06:10 PM
awac

Bikes: 1980 Gitane sprint,1977 Motobécane C4, 1977 Carlton Clubman, 1959 Claud Butler European

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Crankycrank
Not sure this site will provide the info you need but take a look. Sheldon Brown's Bottom Bracket Size Database
Thank you. Yes Sheldon’s website is a Legend over here as well. Why is it that the ones I am looking for are always missing! Lol. I found that velo collective quite helpful. I have a frame and bearing caps but wanted a spindle to try and get measurements from and it gave me a size to stab for.

For instance, 118mm spindle seems to be for a lot of triple cranks. On the velo page he has listed 118mm for a 1975 Team Champion with double cranks. I have just bought a 1977 C4 (a similar frame for Europe). Are they the same? Listen this is the French we are speaking about (I love them for their sense of engineering adventure, just like the French language, you have to learn the verbs lol), so I don’t know! It gave me a start so I have found a cheap 118mm spindle on line to try. Oh yes, but 56mm as the normal 52mm will not close up enough, use Italian spec (info again curtesy of Sheldon)…..