View Single Post
Old 12-04-22, 12:14 PM
Nubra 

Bikes: Miyata six-ten, Miyata Grand Touring, Univega Sport Tour, Univega Gran Turismo, 80's Trek MTB, 2008 Dahon Mariner

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 83 Times in 58 Posts
Schwinn High Sierra/ Bullmoose Bars

This bike came to our non profit via donation. It lookes awesome, and after trying to find the provenance, it seems to be either a 1984 or 1985, but there are inconsistencies with some of the groupset info. The High Sierra in 1985 was supposed to have Riser Bars, this one has Bullmoose bars. Some years have it listed with Suntour Cranks (This is a Sugino SR) and in 1985 it was supposed to have a 6 speed freewheel, but it is a 5 speed Suntour. It is in excellent condition and appears to be all original, including the saddle brake pads and tires (it had a padded saddle cover on it) and a plastic covered chain that was prevelant in the 1980's. I know, cause I had one.

It is a 21 in, mid crank to top of toptube. Catalogues list the sizes as 18, 21, 23.
In any case, I was the only one in our group (nice guys but all in their 30's, except me, not into older bikes) that recognized it as a fine specimen. It was ignored int the back of the donation room. Looking on Ebay, sellers range from $450-$750 PLUS shipping.

Any suggestions or clarifications. Our nonprofit, nor myself personally, do not sell on Ebay, and I would list it here in SF bay area on Craigslist, or on the forum in Market. Appreciate realistic appraisal. Our group sells bikes and then uses proceeds to maintain a fleet of bikes for kids to ride, as well as giving bikes away to those frequent riders who do not have bikes at home.
Cheers,

Last edited by Nubra; 12-04-22 at 12:18 PM. Reason: duplicated photos
Likes For Nubra: