View Single Post
Old 12-09-22, 08:44 AM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
Originally Posted by Nubra
Many thanks. This is very helpful info. I took a class on how to sell on Ebay at my local city college, and that was enough to get me to give that up.

Most of the bikes I sell here are essentially beater bikes that have been completely rebuilt and have excellent mechanical bones.In other words, look really bad but ride great. Just sold a rebuild bike yesterday and the buyer was "surprised at how well it shifted and braked". I explained the complete rebuild. A lot of people in this area like having a good bike in disguise, and ride there high end bikes on the trail.
I agree, the bars are the coolest piece on this bike. The micro shifters, all metal are excellent too. But I don't part out bikes to make money. Just like to get them where they will be ridden and get a little bit of love. Cheers!
I like the idea of providing good bikes to people who will appreciate them and who don't necessarily care what they look like. Too many bikes are being stolen and if not stolen altogether, then components from them. When I lock up some of my bikes I stand back and look at them and calculate in my head the time it might take to remove some of the components which cannot be protected. Anything with a QR skewer is obviously first to go! Then I calculate the cost of replacing what is easiest to be removed. Finally, I shake my head and walk away, praying as I go.