Old 06-11-22, 09:39 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3458 Post(s)
Liked 1,465 Times in 1,143 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1
I have been going the other direction in the last 7 years or so. I lost track of what went where when, but I think I am down by 6 and have considered getting rid of the folder since I have not had it out of the case in years. The other four I actually ride.
When I read your post, it sounded like you were looking for a way to justify buying a bike that will serve purposes already met by an old one that you already own.

When I bought my Lynskey frame, I was not thinking of buying another bike, but it appeared on Ebay, my size, and was a model that I thought I would like. And, I had always wanted a titanium bike, auction ended in three days so I had time to research it.

And when I bought my road bike (Ritchey Break Away frame), I saw a new one that was my size for less than half of manufacturer price and I had been thinking that it would be nice to have another coupled bike that was lighter duty. At that price you wonder if it is legit, but it was from Amazon so I trusted that it was not a stolen bike. I bought it within 10 minutes of becoming aware of it. Bought it when airlines were still charging exorbitant oversize fees, so at that time there was more of a reason to buy it. But I rode 30 miles on it two days ago, so although a coupled bike no longer is justified as a cost saving measure, I am happy to have it and use it.

My point is that if your spouse approves and you really want that shiny new bike, and you have a place to store it, why not?