View Single Post
Old 06-19-22, 02:34 PM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 754 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
I know you are an ultra light camper, but I would expect at least some precaution for the opportunist thief.
Yes I generally do carry a light cable lock. I have only very rarely gone on a tour without a lock. Right off the top of my head I don't recall which ones, but likely something like a mixed surface or off road tour where I'd be in camp and not in towns much. I think I did also it at least once where it was all very rural small town stops.

I am super careful if I feel like I need to be and will take my bike into a store and wheel it up and down the aisles or ask to park it by the registers. Other times I don't worry. Some places I absolutely don't leave it out of my sight, others I am pretty lax.

So far I have had no real issues other than a carabiner and a pair of crocs snatched off the back once. I suspect they were after the nice locking carabiner and just took the worn out crocs along with it since they were hanging by the carabiner. That was from the entry area in a walmart. I should have wheeled it up and down the aisles as I often do.