Old 11-07-17, 11:59 AM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by rustymongrel
I went through a bunch of shoes about two years ago when I first started racing regularly. Many shoes that were just fine for riding easy would make my feet go numb during a crit or at the track. I measured my feet for the first time and found that I was wearing the wrong size shoes! I had been wearing regular width shoes in 45, 45.5 or 46 depending on the brand when in fact my feet measured a 44 in length but very wide. I sold all my old shoes and bought a pair of Shimano R260 in 44E and a pair of Sidi MTB shoes in 44 "Mega" and my feet have been happy ever since.

For this season I decided I wanted an extra pair of shoes just for the track so I took a chance and ordered some DMT P1 track shoes on sale in a 45. I have only used them for a few roller sessions and one race night but they fit well for my wide feet without too much excess length and are very very stiff. Can't hurt that they should be quite aero as well.
Yup!

I rode size 47 for years (even before I discovered track) when I was actually size 46.