Old 12-09-19, 03:55 PM
chas58

Bikes: too many of all kinds

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1147 Post(s)
Liked 415 Times in 335 Posts
Originally Posted by gravelschlub
So I did Track 101 at Lexus in Detroit today. That was AWESOME. Much thanks for Joaquin, who ran the class. With such a short track the first turn feels like approaching a wall, then all of a sudden you pop out the other side. I'm signed up for Track 201 next weekend so I can start riding open track sessions. At the very least, it is some much needed variety for winter training, but I think I'm going to want to compete, too.

Why didn't I start riding track two years ago?
That is awesome. Lexus is a great way to spend the winter riding - although every fall I have to get my neck muscles adapted to the G-forces in those turns. Wednesday is a good evening to get used to what training is like on the track. Tuesdays and Thursdays are pretty darn fast (roll-ups may be doing 26mph for 100 laps, most workouts have sprints ~30mph for the slow group (upper 30's for the fast group).
For now, be careful and be safe. Steady riding and being predictable for other riders are the name of the game at this point.

But if you do it through the winter, you are going to rock in the early spring gravel rides!