Old 12-11-20, 01:33 AM
brawlo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Altimis
Heya, have a couple questions.

There anyone do gym training (ah all track cyclist do train it anyway, I guess) find that dropping in gym performance the day after training cycling? especially lower body training such squats. I don't know, I go cycling training but its not that crazy volume, just 20-30 mins session. Next day I go to gym and bad day happens. I try to find answer for myself, today is bad day so..... kinda freak and frustrating. Try to chill out right now.

Another question. Did anyone have Dolan PreCursa? what is maximum size of chainring it will take? I borrow 56 from friend and its fitted. I look at the clearance, its may take 57 or 58 at max (with very tight clearance to chainstay). I wonder if I can take it to 60 so ..... anyone could give answer?

Thanks in advanced.
You should be allowing your body to recover properly. Hitting a bike workout one day and a lower body gym session the next only gives your body 24hrs to recover. You should be aiming to give muscle groups more like 48hr. If you can, you'd be better to do the bike and gym on the same day with the bike first, and ideally as a warmup to the gym. Do some sort of recovery work on the next day and smash yourself 2 days later again