View Single Post
Old 05-09-21, 03:45 PM
SapInMyBlood
Enthusiastic Sufferer

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Roubaix, 2014 Salsa Fargo, 2013 Trek Remedy, 2014 Cannondale Synapse

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 311 Times in 107 Posts
Originally Posted by Rides4Beer
No flex at all on my AR56s w/DT240 hubs, 24/24, disc brake tho. CX-Ray spokes up front, CX-Ray/Sprint combo on the rear to make it stiffer.
Good to know 👌

Originally Posted by illdrag0n
Definately no play on my AR46 with CX-Ray. Stiff as a honeymoon groom
Thanks 😂

Originally Posted by MinnMan
No problems with flex at all. Did you build the wheel or did they?

$2k wheelset from LB? I haven't seen anything in their offerings for that much. I guess I don't know much about those hubs, but it otherwise seems that you get their high end topping out around $1200 or $1300
They built the wheel. The front hub is a Gucci SONDelux Dynamo hub laced to a AR56. Also that's $1900 AUD not USD

Originally Posted by smashndash
That's quite obviously not an issue with the rim. If there's play in the wheel, it's a hub issue. Carbon-Ti hubs are top tier as far as I know, so I'd say take it to a shop or get in contact with carbon Ti.

Just to be clear, we're talking "play" and not "flex" right? Those are two very, very different things.
I've indeed emailed them, I also just thought maybe someone had experience with these hubs and could enlighten me.

It's side to side play. I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to flex wheels, the most power I can put down is about 800 watts

It's on a pretty standard bike for spacing (specialized roubaix) so I doubt anything is amiss there.