Old 01-04-22, 09:28 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6177 Post(s)
Liked 4,794 Times in 3,306 Posts
I couldn't recommend any old used devices for you. All my old Garmin's from back as far as the early 2000's still work. Even one that was sunk and underwater for a week after hurricane Katrina. But you just never know when they are ready to give up the ghost. And a noobish to tech person trying to keep a device no longer supported or updated is probably not a great idea.

Just get a new device and don't worry about all the gee-whiz features that you don't want or don't understand. They all still do the basic stuff first and foremost. You don't have to use the features you don't want.

As for ....
I am a older rider so being able to see it with out cheater glasses is important.
Well, many of us are in that situation. I always had way better than 20/20 vision till I hit my 50's. However I've accepted that I need help with close up stuff and have found that bifocal safety glasses are great for riding. Look for them online and you can find plenty at cheap prices. Less than 10 dollars. So you won't worry if you drop them and they get run over. Unless perhaps you have another 40 miles to go and it's sunny.

I have both clear and tinted. Clear works great for nighttime or low light conditions and of course tinted for sun. You might have to try several brands and models to find some that have the diopter low enough to stay out of your normal line of vision.

Last edited by Iride01; 01-04-22 at 09:36 AM.