Old 01-08-22, 06:14 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
From my perspective the cuesheets are much, much better than they were back in the day. And I cannot remember an error on one from either NJ or PA area where prerides seem to always be done and excellent notes about the roads and conditions are helpful. I do admit to have a hard time figuring info controls out and more than once I messed that up but not once was I penalized (I offered my GPS track as proof and pictures of the area). Me and three riders once searched for 10 minutes on a brevet down south and the octapus accepted photos. My favorite was on a 600K where an info control was at a battle site where we had to read all the stuff written and answer a question. Well, I suppose that would have been easy for a speed reader in daylight.....not so easy in the middle of the night. I got the answer wrong and might well have during the daylight hours. LOL

RBAs in my experience do a phenomenal job but they all do it differently and all well done. I use the cuesheet here and there on every brevet but my Garmin is my primary navigation tool

There is a 600K Perm from San Diego to Tucson that I would love to do, it uses very remote roads in Az.