bigwies
Mega Clyde

Bikes: 2011 Surly Long Haul Trucker, 2007 Trek 7100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Thulsadoom
I guess my main goal is to get a little more upright riding position as well as have a 3rd hand position available for longer rides. I am a big guy (6'1" 320lbs) and trying to use the drops on my current set up is just not a real option. I actually attach my Bose Bluetooth speaker to the left hand drops right now, I feel like I have good control of my bike right now and I don't plan on doing any real trail/gravel type riding with my LHT.

djb
Thanks for the idea to re-use my bar tape. That will save me some $$$ short term and let me make sure I like my choice before picking up some new tape. Any suggestions on where to find used stems? Craigslist, LBS, eBay?

Tandem Tom I am thinking about doing additional tours, but I want to make sure I enjoy my experience on the GAP before I start planning any additional tours. The Erie Canal Trail is probably my second target if things go well this year. Also comfort is the big driver for me around this upgrade.

tyrion I was also looking at the Koga Denham bars, but I liked the looks and longer horns on the Crazy Bars a little better. Please let me know if you go with the Denham bars and how they work for you.

Tourist in MSN Your friend has an interesting set with those bull horns. If I go with the Crazy Bars my shifters will have a similar set up. I really liked the flashlight mount he is using there. Do you know where he got it?

Right now I am leaning towards the Truck Stop bars since it will be less than half the cost of the Crazy Bars when all the other changes are factored in. It is also something I am pretty sure I will be able to handle on my own.

Last edited by bigwies; 01-12-22 at 10:13 AM.