Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2135 Post(s)
Liked 1,647 Times in 829 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
Having toured a good deal out west, I get the feeling that bikers feel more solidarity with cyclists than cyclists feel bikers. I’ve had a lot of them wave at me or give thumbs up, as if we are cousins or something.

With that said, I have had some nice interactions with them. For example, while descending Independence Pass to Aspen behind a small group the guy at the back pointed out rocks in the road for me.

Interesting that you mention that road. As I was climbing from east to west, I pulled off to take a pic (not to rest, of course) A Harley rider pulled up. An older man and a girl who looked to be in her teens (I assumed his granddaughter) got off and started taking pics. I asked them if they wanted me to take their pic together. The guy seemed kinda taken aback and awkward, but was happy for me to do so. He seemed to become a little more comfortable talking to the guy in tights after we chatted for a while and eventually offered to take my pic. On the descent I passed a string of about 5 cars that were going slow. My interactions in the wide open spaces of the west have generally been very good.

Likes For Paul Barnard: