View Single Post
Old 01-20-22, 11:55 AM
2flit
2Flit

Location: Orcas Washington and currently Circumnavigating in a Farrier F36 Trimaran

Bikes: 1968 Rene Herse Gentleman's Bike; 1974/5 Jim Merz Custom-built; 1984 Rodriquez tandem; 2012 Bilenky Tandem; 1967 Cinelli SC; 1984 Specialized Exp. 68cm; 1971 Holdsworth 63cm(my first bike ever and owned since new!); 1994 Bridgestone MB5; 86'Trek420

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 35 Posts
SON Continuity

Originally Posted by unterhausen
How did you test it? Are you sure it's not the wiring in the fork? I'm sure SoN would fix it for you, but it's too bad you had the wheel repaired. If you send it to Peter J. White, he would put a rim on it to test it.

Other thoughts. What is the ground path? Is there some point where a ground wire is attached to the fork, or does the ground path go through a series of bolted connections?
If it's a series of bolted connections, are all the places where that is done made from stainless and are they currently corrosion free?
When the light did not work, I took the weel out of the frame; held voltmeter contacts to the SL (Contactless) surfaces (positive and negative) then spun the wheel