View Single Post
Old 05-19-21, 05:29 PM
primov8

Bikes: State Bicycle Co. Undefeated Track SS/FG, Lynskey Helix-Bronze

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 95 Posts
I have a hand built PWB gravel wheelset on order so I removed the GK 38s on the SBC and got a set of Goodyear F1 32c tubeless ready tires specifically for on-road. While the GK 38s were very comfortable, I wanted a faster and slightly narrower tire. I also wanted to keep the black/tan look and decided to give the F1s a try.

Mounting the tires wasn’t as easy as the Schwalbes and GKs which I was able to do without any tools. I had to use a tire bead jack to finish getting the tires onto the rims. At least getting the beads to seat was just as easy as the other tires I’ve set up as tubeless. Without any sealant, it seated quite well, better than the GKs where it didn’t deform when I removed the valve to fill it with sealant.

Took out the SBC for a sub 40 mile loop and I’m impressed. Inflated at 60/65 psi, from the get go, obviously a much faster, rolling tire than the GKs. Surprisingly, seems to be very supple and really nice grip on tight turns; predictable which is what I like. Aesthetically, a nice clean designed tire and this 32c tires looks much narrower than the Schwalbe Addix 30c I’ve got on the Lynskey.
Likes For primov8: