View Single Post
Old 07-22-22, 08:56 AM
acroy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Sardines
The sensor loops require you to be right on them to disrupt the field. especially on the outside lines. That only works well IF you have alloy rims or frame. When I'm riding my all carbon road bike, there's not much metal to trigger the loop. So I either treat it as a 4 way stop, OR hit the pedestrian light and get back on the road. when safe. And even then, I'd just wait for the car to cross first if I can't see where their eyes are.
Like I said, there are errant drivers who don't pay attention and create hell for everyone on the road. There's a reason why CA and FL have some of the highest bicycle hit rates.

Did you see that Lefty on the Ti by Hilite? It's quite a nice bike, but I'd change the wheels to shallower rims, and seatpost and handlebar to carbon. I've been running the Schwalbe Almotion as my touring tires for years too. Especially like the OneStar compound ones. Don't like the Addix versions, which are slower and rides harder. Unfortunately, I stocked up once I saw Schwalbe changed the compounds.
non-ferrous frames don't trigger well. I have limited success triggering loops if stopped just so on a corner, I assume enough ferrous material in the chain/cables etc to disrupt the loop. My steel road bike has no problem triggering
anyway....
Yes I did see the Lefty on the Hilite, that is sweet. I've been intrigued by the Lefty since it came out; a lot of positives to that design, especially stiffness which should be very noticeable in a road-ridden bike. Didn't know about Schwalbe compound change - might have to find a backup set.