Old 08-10-22, 04:48 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by Morimorimori

You may be right..........

I actually even paid for bike fitting session last year, that's where they said me that my saddle is way too low, like 4-5 cms lower than it should be. I tried the saddle height they recommended for some time, and in the end decreased it about 1-1.5cms. The final number I came to matches closely to the one that frame size calculator on Specialized web site recommends me for a road bike. So I reckon it's more or less fine now.
A differential of 5 cm has alarm bells going off for me.

Can you post either a video from the side of you pedaling on a trainer or a photo with your leg/foot at the bottom of the pedal stroke?

I went to the Spesch fit webpage for giggles, it did my saddle height correctly but put me on a too small frame. HOWEVER.....if I added a mere 1 inch to the knee to floor distance....it increased my saddle height by 3.49 inches. SO, this software is ****.

Typically unaccounted factors that affect saddle height are cleat position, crank length, pedaling technique, and physical issues a rider could have.

A high proportion of riders have saddle too high. A long distance rider is better erring on the slightly low side.