View Single Post
Old 03-24-22, 10:32 AM
Riveting

Bikes: '13 Diamondback Hybrid Commuter, '17 Spec Roubaix Di2, '17 Spec Camber 29'er, '19 CDale Topstone Gravel

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Liked 445 Times in 260 Posts
Originally Posted by cxwrench
Your lack of a clue is showing big time. I ride a 52cm frame, have size 40-41 shoes and have had toe overlap on every road bike I've ever had, my track bikes were really bad. It happens. It's not a big deal. To say that anyone should be able to not have it at all on a normal geometry bike is ignorant.
I disagree. The fact that overlap happens "makes it a big deal" to me also, because I don't want it to happen, at all. The fact that we don't want it doesn't make us ignorant (that's just an absurd thing for you to say), it just makes YOU more accepting of a bike's inherent faults, than we are willing to accept. I had overlap on a Trek Madone 2.3, went down several times because of it while doing 1-2 mph very tight U-turns where rotation of the cranks is needed to maintain forward motion and balance, toe overlap occurred, I went down. Some of us now want bikes that don't have it. Why is that a problem for you to understand. This thread is about how to avoid overlap. Go start your own thread on how to live with it.
Likes For Riveting: