View Single Post
Old 09-18-22, 01:15 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4511 Post(s)
Liked 6,378 Times in 3,667 Posts
Originally Posted by Dylansbob
A bit OT and maybe controversial to people of a certain mindset, but not a day goes by that I'm not thankful that my wife and I didn't have any kids. Growing up in IN, we had a lot of pressure to start poppeing them out after we were married. It took us years to get out college CC debt as it was, never could have happened with more than the 2 of us. Her favorite anniversary gift was me getting a vasectomy One of my old HS classmates recently shared that her 17yo daughter was 6m pregnant and run off with a local "drug dealer". I love her, but in a certain schadenfreude way I'm so cheerful we dodged that bullet.
Yikes!

No real judgement and I can sympathize from the other side, love my kid to death and am so proud of him no matter what despite plenty of mostly non life threatening choices he makes and has made.

He has some challenges and we tried, I'll be holding my breath a bit for quite awhile longer but wouldn't trade it for anything. Probably should have spent more time hands on while he was growing up.

I felt the same way as you for a long time, would have had to leave my wife to keep it that way, so glad I didn't.

You may or may not have dodged a bullet, you'll never really know now.
Likes For merziac: