View Single Post
Old 08-05-16, 11:17 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18421 Post(s)
Liked 15,569 Times in 7,335 Posts
I have a 60cm LHT. With both wheels off and no racks it fit inside the GF's Camry. (Put the wheels in the trunk.) Don't know if would have fit inside with the racks on. Keep in mind that was with two people. If it's just you, you may have the option of pushing and folding the front passenger seat forward, which would give you some extra room if you orient the frame diagonally. I can't imagine having to remove the saddle. At worst you might have to remove the seat post (or lower it). That takes two seconds to reinstall. Just put some tape on the post to mark the saddle height. If worse comes to worst you will have to put the racks on at the start. How long can that take? Just did a tour in MT back in June. Shipped the bike and had it assembled at REI but I told them I would put the racks on myself. I don't have the easiest front rack to put on (p-clamps up top). Took me maybe 15 min. max. You should have the tools anyway since you never know when you might have to tighten a rack bolt mid-tour.

Last edited by indyfabz; 08-05-16 at 01:30 PM. Reason: CAN'T imagine having to remove the saddle